Research areas, objectives and participants
The objective of the group is to conduct high-quality research to be published internationally. Group participants are primarily researchers at the Department of Political Science and Public Management. But a number of researchers from other departments at the University of Southern Denmark and other institutions also participate in group activities.
Research in public policy and administration is carried out under the auspices of a range of individual and collective projects engaged in public policy and administration research problems, theoretically as well as empirically. The main research areas of the group participants are:
- Public sector management and organization
- Comparative public policy
- Welfare state and public sector reform
- Public sector governance and innovation
- Evaluation and policy analysis
- Public budgets and the economy of the public sector
- The role of politicians, bureaucrats and organized groups in public sector decision making
You can find a profile description of the Research in the Public Administration group here
Participants in the Public Policy & Adminstration group cooperate with a number of researchers and research institutions, nationally as well as internationally. Furthermore, we have developed contacts with key organizations, ministries, municipalities and regions.