Theoretical and practical training in biogeochemistry and molecular techniques with emphasis on the ecology of marine microbial systems.
The course includes 22 lectures, 2 excursions, 7 practical exercises (~ 50 hours in the laboratory) and theoretical discussions in study groups. To pass the course a report must be completed and approved by the teaching team.
- Prokaryote diversity, population dynamics, and energetics
- Carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, sulfur, iron, manganese, and phosphorus biogeochemistry
- Molecular techniques and bioinformatics
Lab manual will be available app. 14 days before the start of the course.
August 15-29 2021 (both days inclusive)
Canfield, D.E., Kristensen, E. & Thamdrup, B. (2005): Aquatic Geomicrobiology. Amsterdam: Elsevier Academic Press.
A laboratory compendium
Teachers and contact persons
- Ronnie N. Glud (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alexander H. Treusch (email@example.com)
- Bo Thamdrup (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Don E. Canfield (email@example.com)