Book of abstracts
The target group of the conference is primarily teachers from SDU and University colleges in Region Syddanmark. The conference is however open to all interested colleagues and we would welcome abstracts and registration from teachers in other national and international universities and educational institutions.
The aims of the conference are to give the participants the opportunity to
- share, document, demonstrate, substantiate, and analyse their own examples of active teaching and active learning
- be inspired to further refine their own current practice or to develop new practices within active teaching and active learning
Time and place: Tuesday November 3rd 2015 from 9-16 at the University of Southern Denmark (Odense), O100. Participation is free of charge upon registration. See at the bottom of the page.
Conference theme: Active teaching and learning
The presentations in parallel sessions will mostly focus on four tracks:
- Teaching methods: The use of analogue and digital resources, learning in class and between classes, designing active teaching and learning in large or small Groups of students.
- Inclusive teaching approaches for different groups of students: Activating lesson plans that specifically relate to students' prerequisites, including internationalisation, multiculturalism or unfamiliarity with academic learning.
- Evaluation: The relation between activating teaching and tests (formative and summative)/feedback/assessment of teaching.
- Special focus on: Learning spaces: The relation between activating teaching and the virtual/physical learning spaces, including design, use and evaluation of learning spaces.
Format and language: The conference comprises one keynote lecture by PhD Jonas Nordquist, Karolinska Institute and parallel sessions with short communications, poster presentations and workshops covering the four tracks of the conference.
Teaching colleagues are invited to share their own experiences of ‘teaching for active learning’ during the parallel sessions.
Keynote speakers and plenary debates will be in English. There will be parallel sessions in both English and Danish.
Programme committee: SDU Centre for Teaching and Learning and Student in Focus at SDU. If you have questions regarding the contents of the conference please contact:
Rie Troelsen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cita Nørgård, email@example.com