The Department of Design and Communication is inviting applications for a student assistant to fill in the position of an Editorial assistant from 1 December 2018 for the period of half a year (approx. 2 hours per week).
The student will report to Klarissa Lueg, Assoc. Prof., Editor CLaW, Center for Narratological Studies.
Job Overview: Editorial Assistant, Journal: CLaW
Your role will be to support the editors and authors of the journal Communication & Language at Work (CLaW) in managing the journal and its content management system, in layouting, graphics, and English language editing. CLaW is a scholarly journal for researchers who publish on issues pertaining to communication and organization. Please find CLaW’s homepage here: https://tidsskrift.dk/claw/issue/view/2786
Responsibilities and Duties
Your responsibilities comprise, inter alia:
• operating and updating the journal’s CMS open journal systems
• communicating with and reporting to the editor
• corresponding with scholars and authors in English
• editing and proofreading English language manuscripts
• assembling issues of CLaW from text formatting to uploading
• basic coding for the CMS.
The following qualifications are necessary for you to fill this position
• Experience with several CMS, including Open Journal Systems (OJS)
• Experience with editorial support / journal work in a scholarly context
• Excellent English skills
• Basic experience with graphic designing and html coding
• International experiences
• Enrollment in a study program covering aspects of communication.
Please note, the selected candidate as student assistant must be enrolled as a student at SDU.
Employment shall take place in accordance with the framework agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and HK/STAT.
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link "Apply online". Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb. We recommend that you read how to apply before you apply.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.Please find out how to apply here.