With this call the Novo Nordisk Foundation seeks to support and strengthen the development of young and promising research leaders, and to promote Nordic research at a high international level. The call is targeted starting group leaders with ambitious projects within endocrinology and metabolism that aim to understand the human organism and the mechanisms underlying health and disease at a basic and clinical level. Three grants are available for funding and NNF aims at awarding at least one of these grants to an active clinician researcher.
The grant is for early career principal investigators to develop their career and establish their own teams.
- Applicants should be at a senior postdoctoral, assistant professor, associate professor (time-limited) or equivalent level
- Applicants may be experimental researchers or clinician researchers
- Applicants should have completed their PhD approximately within the past four to eight years
- Applicants are expected to have first-authored peer-reviewed research papers with high impact
- The projects of high international standard must be anchored at a hospital, university or other non-profit research institution (administrating host institution) in a Nordic country (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway or Sweden).
- A full list of eligibility requirements is found in the ‘Information and guidelines for applicants’.
The overall goal is to obtain new knowledge and better treatment or prevention of disease relevant to the human organism within the areas of endocrinology and metabolism, relating to cellular energy homeostasis, and hormonal disorders of the endocrine system.
Areas supported include research involving patients and/or clinical practice but could also include animal models, model organisms, cellular- or sub-cellular systems (with clear whole body relevance) as well as in silico analysis, with the overall purpose of solving challenges related to endocrinology and metabolism in health and disease. Please note that endocrinology is not restricted to diabetes. Research projects within all subfields of endocrinology, e.g. thyroid, reproduction, or bone and calcium metabolism can be supported.
Up to three 5-year grants, each of up to DKK 10 million, can be awarded, with DKK 2 million per year. The grants may be utilized for e.g. the applicants own salary and consumables directly related to the project.
Applications must be completed and submitted using the foundation’s electronic application system, which will be available from November 4, 2019. The Committee on Endocrinology and Metabolism will assess the applications. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview on March 27, 2020.
Novo - Emerging Investigator within endocrinology and metabolism
Deadline - 17th of January 2023
Amount - 10 mio DKK for 5 years
|Phone:||+45 3527 6629 or +45 3527 6622|
|Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|
|Webpage:||Novo Excellence Emerging Investigator|