The Novo Nordisk Foundation invites young, ambitious researchers in Denmark to apply for a post-doctoral fellowship to conduct research outside of Denmark, with the purpose of:
- obtaining knowledge, training and research experience in an international research environment
- associating the fellow to a Danish research institution throughout the fellowship, and thereby facilitating the return to, and integration in, the Danish academic research environment
A research institution in Denmark must employ the applicant for the entire fellowship period and this institution must administrate the fellowship grant.
The successful candidate:
- will carry out research at least 3 years abroad, followed by up to 1 year in Denmark
- has obtained a PhD degree within 5 years of the fellowship start date
- can apply as a PhD-student if the supervisor signs a declaration stating that the applicant is expected to graduate before the start date of the fellowship
- can apply if he/she has already started a postdoctoral stay abroad. However, the time spent as postdoc abroad must not exceed 1 year at the time of application
- has established contact with the laboratory abroad and has support from the principle investigator/lab head at the foreign research institution
- has considerable prior association to the Danish education or research community.
The total duration of the fellowship is 4 years. The Novo Nordisk Foundation awards up to DKK 1 million per year, for a total of up to DKK 4 million/fellowship.