Are you employed at a public research and educational institution or at a hospital and have created a research result with commercial or societal potential, where there is a need for clarification or maturity before it is ready for the market?
What is Innoexplorer?
Innoexplorer is a grant to employees at public research and educational institutions and hospitals who have created a research result with commercial potential, but where the result is still at a pre-commercial stage, and where clarification or maturity is therefore required to establish whether it can be further developed in preparation for commercial or societal exploitation.
Who can apply?
To apply for Innoexplorer you must:
- be employed at a Danish public hospital or a public research and educational institution and conduct research in connection with your employment.
- have produced research results or new knowledge that might potentially be used commercially or in society at large.
You may apply by yourself or as part of a team.
You must not have an already established company based on the knowledge or the result that form the basis for the project. Also, you may not establish such a company for the duration of the project.
How much can you apply for?
You may apply for between DKK 500,000 and DKK 1,500,000 (incl. overhead).
The project may last up to 12 months.
Innovation Fund Denmark pays the grant to the institution where you are employed. The institution will pay out the grant to you and your project.
What must the grant be spent on?
The following activities may be included in the project:
- Uncovering potential applications.
- Enhancing the commercial potential or societal perspectives of the invention.
- Reducing specific risk elements.
- Prototype testing.
- Preparing a business case.
- Establishing teams and partnerships for further business development.
The grant covers expenses for employees' salaries, project-related costs as well as other expenses for e.g. consulting services.
The grant will be paid to the institution where you are employed. Therefore, it is a prerequisite for applying that the institution is involved in the application process and evaluates that the project and the knowledge or the result that is being worked on have a high quality and a great potential.
Please note that your institution may have internal deadlines and procedures.
Requirements for the project
We evaluate your project according to the following criteria:
- Quality of research, development and innovation
High quality innovation, development and research.
- Business potential and value creation
The idea will eventually result in a commercial product or benefit the society in some other way.
- Financial efficiency
The investment in the project is in line with the expected potential and project-associated risks.
The team has the right skills to successfully implement the project, and there is a clear plan to translate the idea into practice.