The dean has the overall responsibility for the quality of education at the faculty.
The dean has appointed a vice-dean for education to handle the day-to-day educational management. The vice-dean cooperates with the faculty's Education Committee, which consists of heads of studies, study board chairs, programme representatives and a representative of the faculty administration.
The key players in the quality work at the Faculty of Science are:
- The dean and the faculty management, who link the faculty's quality work to SDU's management and SDU's Education Council
- Study boards and teaching committees, who ensure a democratic element and student participation
- Subject leaders and teachers, who have an executive role in relation to the execution and planning of teaching
- The Education Committee, who have a coordinating function and must ensure that cross-disciplinary educational themes are addressed
- The quality coordinator, who is in charge of the quality work