The Gender Equality Committee at the Faculty of Science is a committee appointed by the Executive Board of the university.
The committee holds at least two meetings per year and draws up an annual gender equality report featuring relevant statistics on the gender distribution in assessment committees, faculty committees, employments and retirements, applicants etc.
Gender Equality Strategy
The Faculty of Science wants to ensure gender equality, i.e. equal opportunities and equal conditions for men and women among its scientific staff. Since gender imbalance increases with each step of the career ladder, the management group at the Faculty of Science has found it necessary to establish a gender equality strategy.
The action plan from the faculty's gender equality report, which was formulated by the Gender Equality Committee, 2022 constitutes the faculty's gender equality strategy for 2022-2023.
- Head of Department Martin Svensson, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (Chair)
- Associate Professor Carolin Löscher, Department of Biology
- Associate Professor Clare Kirkpatrick, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Assistant Professor Iris Adam, Department of Biology
- Professor Ulla Gro Nielsen, Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy