Dean Simon Møberg Torp
The Faculty of Humanities
DK-5230 Odense M
Telefon: +45 6550 3124 / +45 6550 3124
Dean Simon Møberg Torp (born 1972), PhD: Business Administration, MA: Philosophy and Organizational culture & communication, BA: Philosophy. Previous experience: Head of Department of Marketing & Management (2010-2013), Director of Research in Strategic Communication and Management (2010-2013), Vice-Head of Department (2009-2010). Director of Study in Marketing, Branding and Communication (2006-2011), University of Southern Denmark.
Harvard University, USA
- Institute for Educational Management (IEM) (2016)
- Institute for Management and Leadership in Education (MLE) (2014)
- Management Development Program (MDP) (2012)
MIT, Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Executive Certificate in Strategy and Innovation (2015-2017)
- Executive Certificate in Management & Leadership (2015)
CBS Executive, Copenhagen Business School, DK
- Research Management Course (2011-2012)
- Simon Møberg Torp: “Metaphors in Organization” in Ed. Robert L. Heath & Winni Johansen International Encyclopedia of Strategic Communication (International Communication Association encyclopedia project) Wiley-Blackwell, (Forthcoming).
- Simon Møberg Torp: “Turns” in Ed. Robert L. Heath & Winni Johansen International Encyclopedia of Strategic Communication (International Communication Association encyclopedia project) Wiley-Blackwell, (Forthcoming).
- Simon Møberg Torp & Lars Pynt Andersen: “Marketing Rhetoric and the Rhetoric of Marketing – Manipulation or Mutuality?” In Handbook of Organizational Rhetoric and Communication: Foundations of Dialogue, Discourse, Narrative, and Engagement. Ed. Robert L. Heath & Øyvind Ihlen. Wiley-Blackwell, (Forthcoming).
- Simon Torp: "The Strategic Turn in Communication Science: On the History and Role of Strategy in Communication Science from Ancient Greece Until the Present Day" in The Routledge Handbook of Strategic Communication. Routledge, 2015, pp. 34-52.
- Simon Torp: "Authenticity in Management Metaconversations" in Strategic Communication: Discursive and dialogic organizations and the stakeholder view: social constructions and functionalist perspectives, SAGE Benchmarks in Communication, Ed. Heath and Gregory, SAGE Publications, 2015, pp. 321-338.
- Simon Møberg Torp: "The Strategic Turn in Communication Science" in The Routledge Handbook of Strategic Communication. Routledge, 2015.
- Søren Askegaard & Simon Torp: “Turning a Corporate Brand Upside-Down: A Case of Cultural Corporate Brand Management” in Marketing Management: A Cultural Perspective. Ed./ L. Peñaloza; N. Toulouse; L. Visconti. Routledge, 2012. s. 212-228.
- Simon Torp: “When PR meets marketing. On the intraorganisational challenges in the implementation of integrated communication” in Public Relations Cases: International perspectives. red. / D. Moss ; M. Powell ; B. DeSanto. Second edition. London : Routledge, 2010. s. 128-148.
- Simon Torp: “Integrated communications: From one look to normative consistency”. Corporate Communications: An International Journal. Vol. 14, no. 2. 2009. pp. 190-206.
- Lars Thøger Christensen, A. Fuat Firat and Simon Torp: “The Organisation of Integrated Communications. Toward Flexible Integration. European Journal of Marketing. Vol. 42. Issue 3/4, 2008 pp. 423-452.
- Lars Thøger Christensen, Simon Torp and A. Fuat Firat: ”Integrated marketing communication and postmodernity: an odd couple?” Corporate Communications: An International Journal. Vol. 10 No. 2, 2005. pp. 156-167.
In 2008 Simon Møberg Torp won a Best paper award for “Integrated Marketing Communication(s) or Integrated Communication(s)? When terminology matters” at the worlds leading conference within the research field.
Simon Møberg Torp is married and has three children.