The Buildings Department ensures that the correct number of escape routes and emergency exits are maintained at all times, both in normal circumstances and during alteration/building work. This is done in close cooperation with the Municipality of Odense and Odense Fire Brigade.
Inspection of technical installations
All technical installations are checked regularly in the form of statutory inspections.
This includes the following:
- All fire-fighting equipment is inspected once a year.
- An electrical safety certificate is issued every two years.
- Sprinkler systems are inspected once a year.
- Gas installations are monitored and checked once a day for leaks.
- Emergency and panic lighting is inspected regularly, with this being documented twice a year.
- Automatic fire door closing systems are inspected once a year.