Information on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
SDU follows the authorities' recommendations, including the Ministry of Education and Research's guidelines for responsible handling of COVID-19 at the higher education institutions. We encourage students and staff to find out more via SDU's websites and via the Danish authorities (coronasmitte.dk) to stay up to date. for the latest information.
Tips for preventing infection
The National Board of Health has some good tips if you want to prevent infection as best as possible:
- Self-isolate if you have symptoms, have tested positive or are a close contact of someone who is infected with novel coronavirus
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitiser
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve
- Do not shake hands, hug or kiss as a greeting – limit physical contact
- Clean thoroughly and frequently
- Keep your distance and ask others to be considerate
If you get sick
- COVID-19 may present with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- Symptoms are seen up to 14 days after being exposed to infection.
- If you have been in a country with widespread corona infection within the last 14 days, or if you have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19, call your doctor if you are ill. It is important that you call first and do not show up in the waiting room as you can infect others.
Outside business hours, call an emergency room or emergency phone in your area - Find Number.
Contacting SDU regarding infection with COVID-19
If you have been confirmed infected with COVID-19, if you are:
Students - immediately notify SDU via the corona button in SPOC: https://spoc.sdu.dk/logintype
Employee - contact your nearest manager immediately and state that you have been confirmed infected with COVID-19