Information on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
SDU follows the authorities' recommendations, including the Ministry of Education and Research's guidelines for responsible handling of COVID-19 at the higher education institutions. We encourage students and staff to find out more via SDU's websites and via the Danish authorities (coronasmitte.dk) to stay up to date. for the latest information.
Tips for preventing infection
The National Board of Health has some good tips if you want to prevent infection as best as possible:
- Keep a distance of 2 metres whenever possible and always at least 1 metre. Avoid handshakes, hugs and kisses on the cheek.
- Self-isolate and take a PCR test if you have symptoms of COVID-19
- Open windows and doors and ventilate your home regularly. Avoid being too many people together indoors.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer
- Clean thoroughly and regularly, especially surfaces that are touched by many people
If you get sick
If you develop symptoms and are unsure whether it is COVID-19, you should act as if you are infected with novel coronavirus, as follows:
2. Pay extra attention to hygiene and cleaning
3. Arrange to be tested
This also applies if you are fully vaccinated.
Contacting SDU regarding infection with COVID-19
If you have been confirmed infected with COVID-19, if you are:
Students - immediately notify SDU via the corona button in SPOC: https://spoc.sdu.dk/logintype
Employee - contact your nearest manager immediately and state that you have been confirmed infected with COVID-19