The University of Southern Denmark has an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education 2014 - 2020
Erasmus ID-code: DK ODENSE 01
ECHE nr .: 28824-LA-1-2014-1-DK-E4AKA1-ECHE
The Institution has agreed to comply with the following fundamental principles of Erasmus+ mobility:
- Respect in full the principles of non-discrimination set out in the Programme and ensure equal access and opportunities to mobile participants from all backgrounds.
- Ensure full recognition for satisfactorily completed activities of study mobility and, where possible, traineeships in terms of credits awarded (ECTS or compatible system.).
- Ensure the inclusion of satisfactorily completed study and/or traineeship mobility activities in the final record of student achievements (Diploma Supplement or equivalent).
- Charge no fees, in the case of credit mobility, to incoming mobile students for tuition, registration, examinations or access to laboratory and library facilities.
- Publish and regularly update the course catalogue on the website of the Institution well in advance of the mobility periods, so as to be transparent to all parties and allow mobile students to make well-informed choices about the courses they will follow.
- Provide guidance to incoming mobile participants in finding accommodation.
- Carry out mobility only within the framework of prior agreements between institutions. These agreements establish the respective roles and responsibilities of the different parties, as well as their commitment to shared quality criteria in the selection, preparation, reception and integration of mobile participants.
- Ensure that outgoing mobile participants are well prepared for the mobility, including having attained the necessary level of linguistic proficiency.
- Ensure that student and staff mobility for education or training purposes is based on a learning agreement for students and a mobility agreement for staff validated in advance between the home and host institutions or enterprises and the mobile participants.
- Provide assistance related to obtaining visas, when required, for incoming and outgoing mobile participants.
- Provide assistance related to obtaining insurance, when required, for incoming and outgoing mobile Participants.
- Ensure equal academic treatment and services for home students and staff and incoming mobile participants.
- Integrate incoming mobile participants into the Institution’s everyday life.
- Have in place appropriate mentoring and support arrangements for mobile participants.
- Provide appropriate linguistic support to incoming mobile participants.
- Accept all activities indicated in the learning agreement as counting towards the degree, provided these have been satisfactorily completed by the mobile students.
- Provide incoming mobile participants with transcripts containing a full, accurate and timely record of their achievements at the end of their mobility period.
- Support the reintegration of mobile participants and give them the opportunity, upon return, to build on their experiences for the benefit of the Institution and their peers.
- Ensure that staff are given recognition for their teaching and training activities undertaken during the mobility period, based on a mobility agreement.
- Ensure that cooperation leads to sustainable and balanced outcomes for all partners.
- Provide relevant support to staff and students participating in these activities.
- Exploit the results of the projects in a way that will maximise their impact on individuals and participating institutions and encourage peer learning with the wider academic community.
- Display the Charter and the related Erasmus Policy Statement prominently on the Institution's website.
- Promote consistently activities supported by the Programme, along with their results.