If you are considering applying for EU funds, you can read about the various programmes and options here. SDU RIO’s "Research Support & Policy Services" team supports multiple participants and international consortia and focuses on European funding.
Horizon 2020 is the EU’s framework programme for research and innovation for the period 2014-2020. Horizon 2020 is divided into three pillars:
- Excellent Science
- Industrial Leadership
- Societal Challenge
SDU RIO mainly supports projects in pillar 2 (Industrial Leadership) and 3 (Societal Challenge), while the faculty's research support units primarily support pillar 1 (Excellent Science).
SDU RIO advice and provides administrative support, so you can focus on your research. SDU RIO offers advice, support and guidance with respect to:
- Background information (policy).
- Idea and concept development.
- Networking and partner identification.
- Identification of funding opportunities.
- Pre-award strategic plan.
- Hands-on application support, especially for implementation and impact.
- Facilitation of consortium meetings and collaboration.
In addition to the individual pillars, SDU RIO also supports a number of programmes that straddle the individual pillars. You can read about the pillars here: