The Dean of the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences appoints a Head of PhD School for the faculty for a period of three years. The Head of PhD School refers to the Dean.
The Head of PhD School
- has overall responsibility for the activities at the PhD School.
- is responsible, together with the PhD committee, for planning, developing, quality assuring and evaluating PhD programmes.
- establishes internal guidelines and rules for the PhD School, including the performance and supervision of PhD programmes in accordance with suggestions from the PhD committee and subject to the approval of the Dean.
- appoints principal supervisors on the recommendation of the Head of Department.
- approves the enrolment of PhD students recommended by the course committee as a representative for the scientific staff on the PhD committee.