The diploma is issued as a series of PDF documents. At The Faculty of Engineering a complete diploma consists of:
• A description of the digital diploma
• Degree certificate
• Final evaluation (Separate document)
See an example of a digital PhD diploma issued at The Faculty of Engineering.
See the faculty form for making the final evaluation of the PhD thesis and defense. Please be aware that variations in content and form may occour.
The PhD can access the digital diploma in the Digital Diploma Mailbox. From the Mailbox, the graduate can send the diploma to a third party, or allow third party to retrieve the diploma directly from it. The PhD can also download the digital diploma and store it locally, send it as email attachment or print a paper copy.
The PhD can at their own volition have The Danish Ministry of Foregin Affairs apostille certification of the diploma.
How do I verify that the digital diploma is genuine?
• By accessing the digital diploma directly from the SDU server by use of an access link sent to you by the PhD via the Digital Diploma Mailbox.
• By typing the verification link into a browser when receiving the diploma by e-mail attachment or by ordinary mail.
• By clicking the verification link in an eletronic version of the diploma sent to you by the PhD.
If there is no verification link on the diploma or you if you are unable to retrieve the original diploma from the SDU server when clicking/entering the link, the diploma is not valid.
For further questions regarding validity of the diploma, please contact Registration & Legality at SDU, via SPOC or at phone 65501059, or contact the faculty PhD school at email@example.com.
Before January 2020 PhD diplomas were issued on paper. Under special circumstances the faculty can agree to issue a paper diploma after january 2020. A SDU paper diploma is valid only if it is embossed with the official SDU stamp. Further verification is carried out by the faculty PhD school. Please contact the PhD school by email Phd@tek.sdu.dk.