The PhD committee consists of five university instructors (appointed for three years) and five PhD students (appointed for one year). The members of the PhD committee recommend a person amongst themselves for the position as Chaiman and the Vice-Chairman and give their recommendation to the Dean. It is possible for the Chaiman also to be Head of the PhD school. The PhD committee has two permanent sub-committees; The Committee Concerning Academic Dissertations and the Course committee.
The PhD committee has the following tasks:
- To recommend a chairman among the committee’s scientific staff and (if any) a vice chairman among the PhD students in the committee to the Dean.
- To recommend the enrolment of PhD students for the Head of the PhD school, including approval of supervisors according the the faculty requirements.
- To recommend the composition of Assessment committees regarding Phd Theses, to the Dean.
- To assess applications for exemption
- To approve PhD courses - among these applications for credits
- To Draw up suggestion to the Head of PhD school on internal guidelines for the PhD school, including PhD supervision which finally is approved by the Dean
- To inform the Head of PhD school about the planning and evaluation of the school's activities.
- To inform about all matters concerning the PhD programme which has been presented by the Dean or his/her representative.
Members of the PhD committee
Professor Susanne Ravn, Department of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics. Research Unit: Movement, Culture and Society
Professor Rune Lindahl-Jacobsen, Department of Public Health. Research Unit: Epidemiology, Biostatistics og Biodemography
Professor Jens Kjeldsen, Department of Clinical Research. Research Unit: Medical Gastroenterology
Professor Christian Godballe (Head of PhD school), Department of Clinical Research. Research Unit: Oto-Rhino-Laryngology
Professor Niels Qvist, Department of Clinical Research. Research Unit: Surgery
Cand.Scient. Kristina Lyngsø, Department of Molecular Medicine. Research Unit: Cardiovascular and Renal Research
Cand.med. Laura Løkkegaard, Department of Public Health, Research Unit: Epidemiology, Biostatistics & Biodemography
Cand.manu. Stine Haugaard Clausen, Department of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics. Research Unit: Clinical Biomechanics
Cand.med. Julie Ladeby Erichsen, Department of Regional Health Research. Research Unit: Ortopedic Surgery
Cand.med. Mette Juul Kristoffersen, National Institute of Public Health, Research Unit: Child and Adolescent Health