Skip to main content

Extension of enrolment

The standard PhD programme is three years. If for some reason you will not be able to complete the programme within this time, you need to apply for an extension of the enrolment period. 

To do this, you complete a form and send it to the Graduate School Secretariat. An extension is usually for a maximum of 12 months and you must be able to document financing for the extra enrolment period. Please note that if you are employed full-time as a PhD student, this employment period cannot exceed 36 months.

In the event of an extension, your PhD plan will be adjusted accordingly. Note that half-yearly reports will still need to be sent in every 6 months until you submit the PhD thesis.


Last Updated 01.04.2019