Psychometrics is a necessary scientific concept within health sciences, especially psychiatry and psychology. This course provides an introduction to key concepts, theory, basic methods and statistics in the field of psychometrics.
- History of psychometrics
- Introduction and clarification of concepts.
- Internal validity (development of scales, factor analysis, Cronbachs Alpha, VAS scales).
- Reliability (inter-rater reliability on continuous and discrete scales).
- External validity, scale association to/in accordance with other scales and clinical instruments.
- Statistical concepts (correlation, ROC, factor analysis, item response theory).
- Exercises with assessment.
Participants: Medical doctors, psychologists, and basic researchers, who use psychometric instruments in their research.
Criteria: Basic knowledge to statistics will be an advantage for participation in this course. Bring a psychometrical problem from your own project.
Form of teaching: lectures, discussion and exercises.
Programme (in Danish)
Course director: Niels Bilenberg
ECTS credits: 1,6
The course is free of charge for PhD students enrolled in Universities that have joined the "Open market agreement".
For other participants there is a course fee of DKK 3304,-