Module 1: Academia and responsible conduct of research
Module 1 aims to increase your knowledge of responsible conduct of research (RCR) and to introduce research misconduct and questionable research practice (QRP).
- Highlight and discuss RCR
- Introduce the Danish Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
- Define research misconduct (falsification, fabrication and plagiarism (FFP))
- Discuss and exemplify FFP (and the consequences hereof)
- Define and raise awareness of QRP
- Discuss and exemplify QRP
online/Classroom teaching, comprising lectures combined with case-based group work; discussion, commenting and suggested solutions to dilemmas (3 hours).
- The Danish Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
- Scientists behaving badly. Nature (2005), 435: 737 – 738 (available as PDF on course page)
Class attendance. As well, you are expected to participate actively in discussions and case-based group work.
Mette Brandt Eriksen (module leader)