Please submit your PhD application via www.manuscriptmanager.net/SDU
Create a new account or use your existing phdreviewer.com account.
You will need to enter or upload the following information to complete and submit your application:
- Name, institution affiliation and e-mail address of supervisor(s)
- A complete project description (research project proposal) of no more that 6 pages (excl. references)
- A project abstract of no more than 200 words
- Your full CV including publication list
- Statement(s) of acceptance from all supervisors and a short CV from external supervisors
- Diplomas/certificates for previous qualifications and degrees
- Documentation of previous research experience (if you do not have any publications in your CV)
- Name and e-mail addresses of six suggested reviewers (three internal and three external) of your project proposal. You must make sure that the suggested reviewers are all eligible. For more information about suggesting reviewer, please see reviewer eligibility requirements
All attachments must be in Word or .pdf format. Individual attachments must not exceed 10 Mb.
You will receive confirmation that the form has been successfully submitted.
What happens next?
First, the Graduate School will determine if you have the required qualifications to become a PhD student. If not, you will be asked to resubmit once your qualifications are in order.
Then your project proposal will be reviewed by one internal reviewer (that is a reviewer from the Faculty of Health Sciences) and one external reviewer . The reviewers will comment on the importance (clinical or otherwise) of the work, the originality of the study, the appropriateness of the approach or study design, feasibility within the 3-year time frame of the PhD programme, the supervision and research environments, and ethical considerations.
Based on the reviewers' recommendations, the Head of the Graduate School will determine whether or not you should be offered admission to the graduate school.
You may be asked to revise your project proposal. If so, please follow the instructions that will be mailed to you along with the review.
You should expect an assessment period of 8-10 weeks. However, please note that although the graduate school does its best to ensure a timely and efficient review of all project proposals it is not possible to guarantee that a review will be completed at a specific date.
You can monitor the progress of your application by logging in to your account on www.manuscriptmanager.net/SDU.
You will be notified by e-mail when a decision has been reached. The reply from the Graduate School will include a letter with the anonymous assessment from the reviewers.