The Graduate Programme in Public Health covers research within a wide range of research areas in the field of public health, fx general practice, ageing, occupational medicine, bio statistics, epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, environmental medicine, register-based research, forensic medicine, social medicine, health promotion, toxicology along with other related areas.
The main tasks of the graduate programme are:
- To ensure the presence of a regional appropriate graduate programme within the research area. The regional programme should be coordinated nationally to secure a broad range of courses on a national basis.
- To provide contact between the PhD students associated with the graduate programme and a highly qualified tutor group.
- To promote networking among PhD students associated with the graduate programme and establish contact with international research networks.
- To attract funding for co-financed PhD programmes.
- To cooperate with the Faculty of Health Sciences to provide as good conditions as possible for the PhD students associated with the graduate programme.