The programme serves those PhD-students at the Faculty of Humanities, University of Southern Denmark, whose projects deal with production, representation and/or use of media, technology, design, and software.
It is the task of the programme
- to organize courses and other activities with the participation of internal and external faculty,
- to create an intellectually stimulating research environment across the departments of the faculty,
- to strengthen cooperation between PhD-students of the programme,
- to create possibilities for the students to actively participate in conferences and courses at national as well as international level,
- to strengthen contact between PhD-students and supervisors and between the different research centers to which the PhD-students might belong.
Every semester, the programme will arrange one or two 'larger' courses which will earn the participants 3 to 4 ECTS. Shorter courses e.g. about research methodology will be arranged according to need. All PhD-students and their supervisors are invited to research seminars where the students can present and discuss issues in their projects.
Supervisors and students are welcome to initiate courses by contacting the head of the programme, professor Johannes Wagner.
The programme cooperates with the other doctoral programmes under the faculty's Graduate School, with other relevant doctoral programmes at the University of Southern Denmark, and with parallel doctoral programmes at other Danish and foreign universities.