Electric Drive is a key technology nowadays and for future. Its applications can be found in every aspect of our day to day life. Advanced electric drive with advanced controller and new wide band gap devices are gaining popularity in the industry.
We have a strong interest in developing the electric drive system with advanced controller and next generation power electronics devices. We focus on the overall electric drive system including machine design, power converter and controller. We also focus on reliability and condition monitoring of drive system.
Accordingly, our research goals are to
- Investigate Condition Monitoring of Drive System
- Develop Integrated Electric Drive System for EV and other industrial application
- Research on Advanced PWM methods for power converters
- Design electric machine with high power density.
Thereby the impact of our research is
- Increased current and power density and efficiency to be used in automotive and industrial drives
- Increased system reliability and lifetime.
- Parallel-interleaved Converters
- SiC MOSFET based electric drive system
- Development of a lifetime and reliability evaluation model
- Field weakening region for PMSM and induction machine drive with and without LC filter
- Fast and simple control algorithm for high sampling frequency controller suitable for WBG semiconductor based power converters
- Electric Machine Design
- Unified Controller for WBG based Electric Machine Drive System
- Induction Machine
- Special Machines (SynRG, Switched Reluctance etc.)
- Design for Reliability of power electronic converters
- Understanding/develop the statistical tool for reliability for power electronic system
- Understanding of failure mechanism of WBG power switches
- Ramkrishan Maheshwari (Assoc. Prof., Group leader)
Find latest publications here:
K. Shukla and R. Maheshwari, “Circulating current suppression in parallel interleaved 2L VSIs using modified CM offset based method during inductors mismatch condition,” accepted in IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Read more
P. Mishra and R. Maheshwari, “A simple feed-forward approach to stabilize VSI fed induction motor with filter in RFOC,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 67, no. 12, pp. 10191-10201, Dec. 2020, Read more
P. Mishra and R. Maheshwari, “Design, analysis, and impacts of sinusoidal LC filter on pulse width modulated inverter fed induction motor drive,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 2678-2688, April 2020, Read more
K. Kumari, S. Mapa, and R. Maheshwari, "Loss analysis of NPC and T-Type three-level converter for Si, SiC, and GaN based devices," in Proc. IEEE PIICON, SONEPAT, India, 2020, Read more
A. Rafiq and R. Maheshwari, “Investigation of trade-off between sensor band width and damping achievable through a Rogowski coil based current sensor,” in Proc. IEEE PESGRE, India 2020, Read more