High surface and its easy accessibility are the key factors towards the use of nanomaterials in chemical applications. In form of 3D interconnected networks, these engineered porous materials offer advanced scopes in the direction of catalysis, CO2 reduction, water purification, etc. Few examples are listed as below:
1. Solar Light Assisted Degradation of Dyes and Adsorption of Heavy Metal Ions from Water by CuO-ZnO Tetrapodal Hybrid Nanocomposite, Materials Today Chemistry 17, 100336 (2020).
2. Impact of Edge on Interfacial Interactions and Efficient Visible-light Photocatalytic Activity of Metal-semiconductor Hybrid 2D Materials, Catalysis Science & Technology 10, 3279-3289(2020).
3. Tuning Wettability of TiO2 Thin Film by Photocatalytic Deposition of 3D Flower- and Hedgehog-like Au Micro- and Nanostructures, Applied Surface Science (2020).
4. Efficient Oil Removal from Wastewater based on Polymer Coated Superhydrophobic Tetrapodal Magnetic Nanocomposite Adsorbent, Applied Materials Today 17, 130-141 (2019).
5. Mutual Interplay of ZnO Micro- and Nanowires and Methylene Blue during Cyclic Photocatalysis Process, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 7, 103016 (2019).
6. Visible Light Photocatalysis by Carbon-nano-onions-functionalized ZnO Tetrapods: Degradation of 2,4-Dinitrophenol and Plant-model-based Ecological Assessment, Nature Asia Materials 11, 8 (2019).
7. ZnO Tetrapods and Activated Carbon based Hybrid Composite: Adsorbents for Enhanced Decontamination of Hexavalent Chromium from Aqueous Solution, Chemical Engineering Journal 358, 540-551 (2019).
8. ZnO Tetrapods Materials for Functional Applications, Materials Today 21, 631-651 (2018).
9. Light-Mediated Growth of Noble Metal Nanostructures (Au, Ag, Cu, Pt, Pd, Ru, Ir, Rh) from Micro- and Nanoscale ZnO Tetrapodal Backbones, Frontiers in Chemistry 6, 411 (2018).
10. Porous Ceramics based on Hybrid Inorganic Tetrapodal Networks for Efficient Photocatalysis and Water Purification, Ceramics International 43, 14915-14922 (2017).
11. Three-dimensional Flexible Ceramics based on Interconnected Network of Highly Porous Pure and Metal Alloyed ZnO Tetrapods, Ceramics International 42, 8664-8676 (2016).
12. Direct Growth of Freestanding ZnO Tetrapod Networks for Multifunctional Applications in Photocatalysis, UV Photodetection and Gas Sensing, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 7, 14303-14316 (2015).
13. Single Step Integration of ZnO Nano- and Microneedles in Si Trenches by Novel Flame Transport Approach: Whispering Gallery Modes and Photocatalytic Properties, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 6, 7806-7815 (2014).
14. Magnetron Sputtering and Characterization of Doped Zinc Oxide Nanofibrous Films and Their Applications, Journal of Nanoelectronics & Optoelectronics 9, 257-264 (2014).
15. Fabrication of Macroscopically Flexible and Highly Porous 3D Semiconductor Networks from Interpenetrating Nanostructures by Simple Flame Transport Approach, Particle Particle Systems Characterization 30, 775-783 (2013).