The ZnO oxide tetrapodal micro- and nanostructures have shown remarkable responses towards several biomedical engineering applications. Their utilization as sacrificial templates, many new porous 3D nanomaterials have been synthesized which opened many application avenues in biomedical engineering. Key publications in this direction are as below:
1. Detection of Prostate Cancer using Tetrapods based Disposable Paper Ecofriendly Biosensor Device, Medical Devices Sensors (2020).
2. Structure-based drug designing and immunoinformatics approach for SARS-CoV-2, Science Advances 6, eabb8097 (2020).
3. Core-Shell Nanostructures: Perspectives towards Drug Delivery Applications, Journal of Materials Chemistry B (2020).
4. Macroscopic PDMS Microchannel Matrix for Tailored Drug Release and Localized Glioblastoma Therapy, ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering 6, 3288-3289(2020).
6. In-situ plasma-assisted Synthesis of Polydopamine-functionalized Gold Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications, Green Chemistry (2020).
7. Investigation of the Factors That Dictate the Preferred Orientation of Lexitropsins in the Minor Groove of DNA, ACS Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 62, 10423-10440 (2019).
8. Biomimetic Carbon-Fiber Systems Engineering: A Modular Design Strategy to Generate Biofunctional Composites from Graphene and Carbon Nanofibers, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 11, 5325-5335 (2019).
9. Systematically Designed Periodic Electrophoretic Deposition for Decorating 3D Carbon-based Scaffolds with Bioactive Nanoparticles, ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering 5, 4393-4404 (2019).
10. 3D Hydrogels Containing Interconnected Microchannels of Subcellular Size for Capturing Human Pathogenic Acanthamoeba Castellanii, ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering 5, 1784-1792 (2019).
11. An Intra-Vaginal Zinc Oxide Tetrapod Nanoparticles (ZOTEN) and Genital Herpesvirus Cocktail can provide a Novel Platform for Live Virus Vaccine, Frontiers in Immunology 10, 500 (2019).
13. ZnO Tetrapods Materials for Functional Applications, Materials Today 21, 631-651 (2018).
14. A Multifunctional Polymeric Membrane with Osteogenic and Antibacterial Characteristics, Advanced Functional Materials 28, 1703437 (2018).
15. Bioactive Carbon Based hybrid 3D Scaffolds for Osteoblast Growth, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 10, 43874-43886 (2018).
16. Nanostructured Fibrous Membranes with Rose Spike Like Architecture, Nano Letters 17, 6235-6240 (2017).
17. Intravaginal Zinc Oxide Tetrapod Nanoparticles as Novel Immunoprotective Agents against Genital Herpes, Journal of Immunology 196, 4566-4575 (2016).
18. Toxicity of Functional Zinc Oxide Nano-Micro Tetrapods: Impact of Cell Culture Conditions, Celluar Age and Material Properties, PLoS ONE 9, e84983 (2014).
20. Virostatic Potential of Micro-nano Filopodia-like ZnO Structures Against Herpes Simplex Virus-1, Antiviral Research 92, 305-312 (2011).