Endnote Installation for SDU-employees with MAC*
Close all Office programs: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.
If you are a previous Endnote user, make sure to uninstall the obsolete version first in MacSDU Software Center. Don't delete your Endnote library and the connected Data folder, if you still plan to use it.
Find SDU-Endnote X9 on your mac in MacSDU Software Center and press Install.
Wait a few minutes and the screen will change to Updates, where you can update the two waiting program packages.
When the updates are completed, you will be able to locate EndNote in your applications. Pull the program to your dock, so it will be easy accessible.
Previous Endnote users are now able to open their Endnote library from it's location via Finder. Remember to configure synchronization from the library to MyEndnoteWeb.
Open Endnote. If you need any program updates, a box will appear, when the program loads. Press Download and Install in this box, and complete the update. Make sure to update, when you recieve this type of information.
Open Word and check if you have an extra tab called Endnote X9. If you can't see it, try the following:
- Close Word.
- Open Endnote X9.
- In the tab Endnote X9, find and run the Customizer wizard.
- Check if Cite while you write is marked, when you run through the customizer.
- Open Word again. The Endnote X9 tab should now be visible.
When the program is installed, you can delete the installation file in you download folder.
NOTE! If you experience problems using Endnote, it can be because you need to update your Word program. It can also be because you need to update your Mac OS system. Press the apple top left on your Mac--> choose About this Mac --> press Software Update or get in touch with SDU IT.
*) For employess at OUH and Region Syd
- If you have a shared employment, you can install Endnote on your SDU computer by following the above instructions.
- If you are employed by Region Syd, you install Endnote via the Software Central on your work computer.
- If you are employed at OUH, you install via the Kiwi portal on your computer - search for Clarivate Analytics.
- If you wish to install Endnote on a private computer, you can, if you have a SDU mail, install Endnote via software.sdu.dk. If you don't have a SDU-mail, SDU can't offer you installation on your private computer. Try contacting your local IT-support at OUH or Region Syd to see if they can help.
If you need further instructions or help, have a look at Clarivate Analytics official EndNote guide.