Help and guidance
At the University of Southern Denmark Library, we can advise and guide you on:
- Selection of databases and literature search
Guides and instructions for the databases are available from the health sciences guide or on the library's general overview of guides and instructions.
- Literature search
Guides and instructions for doing literature searches are available from the health sciences guide or on the library's general overview of guides and instructions. The University Library offers several free courses in literature search and there may be an opportunity for individual guidance (book a librarian) within literature search regarding major assignments / projects. Read more about the book a librarian arrangement here. University Library of Southern Denmark can perform literature searches as consultancy services (please contact us for further information – Mette Brandt Eriksen, Research Librarian, PhD).
- Reference management (e.g. Endnote and Covidence, a software tool developed for systematic reviews). The library offers a number of free courses on the reference management programs Endnote and Covidence.
Further help and support
- For PhD courses in literature search etc., please go to the Faculty of Health Sciences PhD courses - overview - upcoming courses
- For questions and guidance related to evidence-based methodology in health-related research (including systematic reviews and meta-analyses), please go to Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine Odense.
- For statistical advice and assistance, please go to Biostatistical Consultancy Service.
- For questions and clarification on preparation of Cochrane systematic reviews, please go to Cochrane Denmark.
- For questions and clarification on preparation of systematic Campbell-reviews, please go to VIVE Ca