European Studies (19225)
Are you applying for admission for the Bachelor programme in European Studies in Sønderborg (19225) you have to fulfill the following requirements:
- Qualifying examination
- Specific entry requirements:
- English on intermediate level (Danish level B) passed with a grade equivalent to a minimum of 3.0 in the Danish 7 point grading scale (2 is passed, 12 is max).
- Mathematics on intermediate level (Danish level B)
- History or Social Sciences on intermediate level (Danish level B)
The courses have to be passed and English must be passed with a minimum grade of 3.0 in the Danish 7 point grading scale. Read more about the language requirements.
You must fulfill the requirements regardless the quota you are applying for.
Taking supplementary courses?
If you do not fulfill the entry requirements, you are able to take completion to meet the specific requirements. The courses have to be finished, passed and the diploma in our hands before 5 July, noon. Supplementary courses taken during summer must be finishes, passed and the documentation forwarded to SDU before 31 August.
Admission test in quota 2 (2019)
Entrance examination for the Bachelor programme in European Studies consists of the following elements:
- Motivational letter (in English)
- Structured interview (in English)
Please note: For a quota 2 assessment you must upload a motivational letter together with your application at www.optagelse.dk no later than 15 March, noon.
The motivational letter will be assessed within the following areas:
- The applicant is expected to take into consideration their reasons for applying to this study programme.
- The applicant is expected to elaborate on the study programmes contents and how this matches his or her expectations.
- The applicant is expected to elaborate on how this study programme fits in with the applicant’s career plans.
- Personal qualities:
- The applicant is expected to elaborate on how his or her personal competencies fits in with the study programme. (European and international social science focus).
- Insight into the study programme:
- It is expected that the applicant has orientated him or herself beforehand and read the relevant study programme texts from the website.
The uniTEST assesses your academic aptitude within the following areas, and of which are equally weighted:
- Critical reasoning
- Quantitative reasoning
- Verbal and plausible reasoning
- Interpersonal reasoning
- Scientific reasoning
The test duration is 3,5 hours and consists of 150 questions. More information regarding uniTEST and sample test questions can be found here.
The interview is based on your motivational letter and in which an assessment of your professional and social skills will take place within the following areas:
- Personal qualities:
- Insight into the programme:
- It is expected that the applicant has oriented him or herself beforehand and read the relevant texts on the study programme website.
The results from the uniTEST and the motivational letter are equally weighted and that determine which applicants are selected for the structured interview. The approx. 35 highest scoring applicants in the overall assessment will be invited to the structured interview. The results from the structured interview will determine study place rankings in quota 2.
We enrol approx. 20 students on European Studies via quota 2.
Practical information regarding the entrance examination
The uniTEST will be conducted on the 6 and 7 April at SDU and you can expect to allot a whole day for test participation.
Structured interviews will be held between 21 – 31 May.
Are you staying or living abroad?
If you are staying or living abroad at the time of the uniTEST, then you still have an opportunity of taking the test online. You can find information regarding participation in the uniTEST from abroad here.
Structured interviews can be conducted via Skype.
Enrolment and Grade Point Average
Enrolment in 2019
Programme spots 35 Quota 1/2 (%) 50/50 Grade Point Average in quota 1 All qualified applicants admitted
Notification about sharpening the entry requirements from 2021 on
SDU notifies the sharpening of the entry requirements from 2021 on. The qualifying examination must be finished and passed with the following minimum grade point average - GPA (.pdf).