- Conference proceedings
- In the conference Dropbox you will find:
- Book of Abstracts
- Keynote presentations
- List of participants (so you can contact contributors of abstracts that have your interest)
The target group of the conference is primarily teachers from SDU and University colleges in Region Syddanmark. The conference is however open to all interested colleagues and we would welcome abstracts and registration from teachers in other national and international universities and educational institutions.
The aims of the conference are
• making a link between active teaching and learning at a pedagogical level (including learning theories) reflecting on students’ perspectives and the implications for practice.
• giving examples of innovative and effective teaching and learning practices.
• enhancing the arguments for the importance of active teaching and learning.
• reinforcing the link between SDU’s underlying principles and the planning and delivery of active teaching and learning activities.
• discussing possibilities and challenges in this implementation of active teaching and learning.
Time and place: The conference takes place on November 3rd 2014 from 9-16 at the University of Southern Denmark (Odense), U100. Participation is free of charge upon registration.
Format and language: The conference comprises two keynote lectures and parallel sessions with short communications and workshops. Teaching colleagues are invited to share their own experiences of ‘teaching for active learning’ during the parallel sessions. If you wish to share your experiences, please pay attention to the guidelines below: ‘Call for abstracts’. Keynote speakers and plenary debates will be in English. There will be parallel sessions in both English and Danish so feel free to submit your abstract in either language.
Call for abstracts:
You can submit abstracts for either Short Communications or workshops in the parrallel sessions.
The short communication sessions each presenter will have 10 minutes to share a teaching experience and their reflections. There will be three short communications in each room followed by a discussion.
The workshops (one hour) should give participants the opportunity to experience an active teaching and learning approach followed by time to discuss and share reflections.
Please submit your abstract by filling in the application form via this link. Here you will also find further information on points to address in the abstracts.
The abstracts for the short communication and workshops will go through a feedback process prior to the conference. Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings and possibly in an anthology as well.
Deadline for submission of abstracts is August 18th. Participants can choose to present in either Danish or English.
We hope to get many and diverse examples of teaching for active learning, so please feel free to contribute.
Programme committee: The project group Teaching for Active Learning under Student in Focus at SDU. If you have questions regarding the contents of the conference please contact:
Birgitta Wallstedt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cita Nørgård, email@example.com
For questions of a practical nature please contact:
Camilla Bernsdorf, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration by e-mail to email@example.com. Deadline for registration is October 17th 2014.