The Centre for Integrative Innovation Management at the Department of Marketing & Management, University of Southern Denmark invites applications for one or more position(s) as Associate Professor in Innovation Management or Project Management. The position is located in Odense, but teaching may be required at the campus in Slagelse. The successful candidate is expected to assume this position by August 2020 or as per negotiation.
The Centre for Integrative Innovation Management is a cross-disciplinary research group where we focus on understanding the development of innovative capabilities, managing innovation, and the role of emerging technologies in the innovation process and for firm performance. We adopt a cross-disciplinary approach because understanding and promotion of innovation from the initial idea to the fully commercialized or implemented innovation requires the combination of management, marketing, and technology. For more information on the Centre please visit the Centre website.
The candidate is expected to conduct research related to one or more of the following strategic priorities of the Centre:
- Management of Innovation – this program focuses broadly on how managerial competencies shape innovation processes – e.g. the internal drivers and barriers to successful innovation. Furthermore, we also have an interest in research that brings innovation management and project management together.
- Emerging Technologies, Business Models and Innovation Ecosystems – this program focuses on emerging technologies and their path to commercialization. We are equally interested in management of technology as adoption of technologies or as development of new technologies. Ultimately, emerging technologies may target markets that are yet to be created. We are also interested in research that brings technology management into the context of emerging eco-systems.
We furthermore welcome research on the following subjects:
- Analysis and application of big data for innovation
- Commercialization of specific technologies like e.g. drones or 3D printing
- Project management for innovation performance
- Global innovation and emerging markets.
Successful candidates will have an international profile and a record of research publications preferably in globally top-ranked journals and within dedicated innovation journals such as Research Policy, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Technovation, Industry and Innovation, and Creativity and Innovation Management. If the candidates have not yet published in these journals, they should present a plan how to develop their research such that publication in these journals can be realized within the next few years. We welcome researchers with different methodological approaches, as we see the advantage in combining methods among the team members, to further the research agenda.
Candidates should have a Ph.D. degree in social sciences (business economics, economics or similar) or a cross-disciplinary Ph.D. with a significant social science contribution. Once appointed, they will primarily teach in the wider field of innovation management and potentially in project management and market research in programs such as the Professional Master in Project and Innovation Management, the B.Sc. and M.Sc. in economics and business administration, and the M.Sc. (eng.) in Product Development and Innovation.
We expect successful appointees to contribute to the development of the Research Centre and to the department as a whole. As senior scholars, they are expected to be active in the social and academic life of the Department and participate in the guidance of doctoral students and junior faculty. Also, we expect active and constructive participation in the university's academic administration. To fulfill the requirements of the position, the appointee is expected to be physically present at the Centre on a regular basis.
Experience with external research fund raising and application processes are a plus. Ideally, the appointee has established strong ties with the international research community. Owing to the increasingly international focus of the degree programs, candidates must be able to teach in English. Furthermore, non-Danish candidates are expected to learn Danish within a period of approximately two to three years.
The University of Southern Denmark is the third largest university in Denmark. The university has consistently been ranked as one of the top 50 young universities in the world by both the Times Higher Education World University Rankings of the Top 100 Universities Under 50 and the QS World University Rankings of the Top 50 Universities Under 50. Overall, the university offers programmes in five different faculties -- Humanities, Science, Engineering, Social Sciences, and Health Sciences – and incorporates approximately 35 institutes and 30 research centers. See information about the Department of Marketing & Management here website.
Further information can be obtained from Head of Center for Integrative Innovation Management, Professor Mette Præst Knudsen by email at email@example.com.
Appointment to the position will be in accordance with the salary agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
For more information on the department guidelines for qualification and recruitment please visit our web.
An application must include:
- Detailed CV
- Certificates/Diplomas (Master and PhD degree)
- Complete list of publications, indicating which publications are most relevant for the position
- Up to 5 of the most relevant publications.
- Please upload a pdf for each publication.
- If the publication is co-authored, co-author statements must be a part of this pdf and must include information like in this example. The statement is just for your inspiration.
- If co-author statements are not submitted with the application, we assume that the publication follows the standard: authors are listed as per their contribution to the research, starting with the one who contributed the most to the least.
- If a publication is accepted for publication and is included for evaluation, documentation from the relevant journal should be appended to the PDF.
- Experience with obtaining external funding and project management (if any). List the type of grant and the role held by the applicant together with the amount obtained (or applied for if unsuccessful).
- A research plan for the next three years including experiences with different methodologies and how these are used for future projects.
- A teaching portfolio detailing the candidate's prior teaching experience, teaching skills, teaching philosophy, and other forms of knowledge communication. A guide for the teaching portfolio may be found here.
- Statement of experiences with company partnerships (e.g. research or applied projects, consulting etc.).
All non-Danish documents must be translated into English.
Assessment of applications will be done under existing Appointment Order for universities. Applications will be assessed by an assessment committee and the committee will assess whether you are qualified to be an Associate Professor.
The committee may request additional information, and if so, it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the necessary material.
When the assessment committee has submitted its report, the candidates will receive the part of the evaluation that concerns them. The assessment report will subsequently be forwarded to the Head of Deparment who will assemble an appointments committee. The appointments committee will manage and complete the job interviews, should such be conducted.
Applications that are incomplete with regard to the above requirements will not be assessed by the committee.
Shortlisting and tests may be used in the assessment process.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
As part of the overall assessment of the applicant’s qualifications, an interview may be conducted. Appointment may also include observation of the applicant's teaching abilities in regard to related degree programs.
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link "Apply online". Uploaded files must be in Adobe PDF (unlocked) or Word format.
Each field can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb.