The department is organized in four research groups dealing with different aspects of social relationships and the importance of social factors for health.
• Development of health and wellbeing of children and adolescents
• Health promotion measures directed at children, adolescents, the unemployed and patients
• Mental health promotion aimed at the entire population and at people with mental health problems
• Social inequality in health with particular focus on marginalized and vulnerable groups
• Organizational, relational and structural factors of health
We are looking for a senior researcher with epidemiological and statistical skills primarily to solve research tasks in collaboration with the department's other employees. The research tasks include primarily quantitative epidemiological analyses and reporting in connection with research projects related to health issues and to the health of children and adults.
The senior researcher will be expected to work as a project manager, and it will therefore be of a great importance that applicants have experience with project management, as well as experience with research in health among children and young people and a professional network within this area.
The majority of the research projects will be carried out in collaboration with other research environments, and it will therefore be an advantage if potential applicants have experience with coordination of research activities. In addition, the potential applicant will be expected to teach in public health-related areas such as biostatistics.
In addition, there will be opportunity to contribute more generally to the department's public sector services.
• Experience with research and public administration in the field of public health
• Experience with statistical and epidemiological analysis at advanced level (in SAS or Stata).
• Experience with statistical and epidemiological analysis of large data sets (> 50,000 individuals)
• Knowledge of national disease registers
• Experience with application work and repatriation of funds
Furthermore, our new senior researcher will be expected to:
• Be able to convert research questions to usable statistical models and analyzes
• Be collaborative and be able to contribute to different projects in parallel.
• Have good writing skills
• Have experience with teaching
• Have experience with project management and coordination of cross-cutting research activities
• Have proven experience with research communication and teaching at university level
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
Only applications written in English will be accepted for evaluation.
The application must contain (as pdf.- or docx.-files):
• a motivation letter
• a detailed CV
• degree certificates (inclusive of Ph.D.-diploma)
• a complete and numbered list of publications
• 5 scientific peer-reviewed publications considered by the applicant to the most important for this position. Please notice that one pdf.- or docx.-file must be attached for each publication
• a teaching portfolio detailing the candidate’s prior teaching experience, teaching skills, and teaching philosophy
• a research plan detailing the candidate’s ideas and plans for her/his future research work.
Incomplete applications with regard to the above-mentioned requirements will not be assessed.
Applications may be shortlisted.
Further particulars concerning the application - please see the link below.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Guideline for applicants