Social Sciences Statistics Summer School at University of Essex
For over 50 years, the Essex Summer School in Social Science Data Analysis has offered world-class instruction in a wide range of social science research methods from an international team of instructors. After two years online, the Essex Summer School is pleased to be delivering a combination of both in-person and online courses in 2022.
The Essex Summer School in Social Science Data Analysis offers a wide variety of courses in quantitative and qualitative research methods. Courses run in three two-week sessions from 11 July to 19 August 2022. Courses are offered in morning and afternoon sessions, BST. Courses are 35 hours over two weeks, with several one-week courses also available.
ESS offers the opportunity to earn transfer credit, as well as an MA in Social Science Data Analysis.
To view the full list of courses and delivery modes, please visit essexsummerschool.com
Along with the courses, Essex Summer School will be offering opportunities to enhance students’ ESS experience outside of the classroom. These will include presentations from internationally renowned experts in social science methodology as part of their Speaker Series, as well as opportunities to network with fellow ESS participants.
Courses for ESS 2022 include:
- Natural Language Processing
- Bayesian Analysis
- Quantitative Methods in R, Stata and SPSS
- Case Study Methods
- Panel Data Analysis
- Social Media and Textual Data
- Ethnography and Ethnographic Methods
- Mixed Methods
- Qualitative Interviewing
- Longitudinal Data Analysis
- Survey Data Analysis and Survey Experiments
- Categorical, Choice and Count Models
- Geospatial Data and Spatial Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Survival Analysis and Event History Modelling
- Spatial Econometrics
- Social Network Analysis
- Time Series and Panel Models
- Computational Methods
- Causal Inference and Policy Evaluation
- Scaling Methods
- Programming in Python