- 2009 Cand. Sci. (equiv. to PhD), A.F. Ioffe Physical-Technical Inst., St. Petersburg, RUS
- 2008 PhD with Honor (summa cum laude), J.W. Goethe Univ., Frankfurt am Main, GER
- 2006 MSc with Honor, St. Petersburg State Polytechnical Univ., RUS
- 2004 Diplom/MSc with Honor, J. W. Goethe Univ. Frankfurt am Main, GER
- 2014 – Lektor, Univ. of Southern Denmark, Dep. of Physics, Chemistry, Pharmacy, DK
- 2010 – Affiliated Research Fellow, A.F. Ioffe Physical-Technical Inst., St. Petersburg, RUS
- 2013 – 2014 Adjunkt, Univ. of Southern Denmark, Dep. of Physics, Chemistry, Pharmacy, DK
- 2010 – 2013 Beckman Postdoctoral Fellow, Univ. Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA
- 2008 – 2010 Research Fellow, J.W. Goethe Univ., Frankfurt am Main, GER
Recent Fellowships and Awards
- 2017 Danish council for independent research. DKK 2,592,000
- 2017 Danish council for independent research. DKK 7,813,002 (co-applicant).
- 2015-2016 Danish e-Infrastructure Cooperation, DeIC. 695,590 Abacus 2.0 computing node-hours (equivalent to DKK 1,678,592)
- 2015 SDU e-Science Centre. DKK 500,000 (co-applicant).
- 2014 Lundbeck Foundation, Young Investigator Grant, 10,000,000 Dkr
- 2014 XSEDE Supercomputer time allocation grant $114,485. (co-applicant)
- 2013 Danish e-Infrastructure Cooperation, DeIC. 792,000 Dkr (co-applicant)
- 2010 – 2013 Beckman Foundation, individual postdoctoral fellowship, $156,000
- 2008-2010 Stiftung Polytechnische Gesellschaft (EUR 102,000)
Quantum and classical phenomena in biology and nanophysics including (i) sensory systems in Nature and laboratory; (ii) magnetoreception mechanisms in animals; (iii) vibrationally assisted olfaction; (iv) computational biology and photobiology; (v) self-assembly and stability of molecular systems on the nanoscale. Theoretical and computational methods including (i) classical and quantum molecular dynamics; (ii) multiscale approaches; (iii) Monte-Carlo based methods; (iv) free energy methods; (v) global optimization methods.