In this intensive four-day programme you will learn the essence of strategic thinking in a competitive context and how to use it effectively in an organisation.
Why consider this programme?
This programme will be useful for you if you recently made these observations in your organisation:
Our performance does not meet the expectations
- This programme offers a systematic toolset with which you can rigorously analyse the causes of unsatisfactory performance.
It is unclear what our strategy is
- This programme discusses contemporary and traditional strategies and assess why they may work in your context.
We are overwhelmed by the dynamics in our environment
- This programme introduces how companies can operate strategically in dynamic environments.
This programme is designed to provide participants with a systematic toolset that will enable them to analyse where unsatisfactory performance or an unclear strategy comes from and what to do about it.
Specifically, participants will be presented with:
- Strategic options and the role of business and corporate strategy
- Drivers of growth and how a customer perspective is important for most strategies
- The Blue Ocean Strategy: How to effectively use the strategy canvas
- How to manoeuvre and identify opportunities in dynamic and disruptive environments
Particular emphasis is put on involving and discussing the participants’ own cases and examples from professional life.
Participants will be introduced to highly practical management tools from a variety of theoretical and practical perspectives. We will challenge you to think about how you are developing and implementing strategy successfully in your business and you will learn how to use state-of-the-art strategy frameworks and tools.
You will be able to take many 'lessons learned' back to your organisation and start implementing them right away.
You will also get access to a unique and valuable network of professional managers that you can relate to and share your challenges with.
Developing and Implementing Strategy has been developed for mid- to upper-level executives who are interested in improving their organisation’s strategic capabilities, including:
- General and senior functional managers and leaders in the private and public sector
- Business owners
- Members of executive teams and business development teams
- Senior civil servants and leaders of not-for-profit organisations.
This programme complies with the University's master degree standards. We encourage both Danish citizens as well as expatriates in Denmark to participate.
To leverage networking and discussions, candidates should have a minimum of two years' managerial experience.
The programme is taught in English. Questions from participants and group work can take place in Danish.
This programme is taught by members of "the Strategic Organization Design unit" (SOD unit) at the University of Southern Denmark. The SOD unit is a leading international research group in strategy and organisation science.
Registration for this programme is now open until 15 January 2019.