SDU’s policy for quality in education is based on a model that reflects the students’ study period from their application and enrolment through their education to their careers after graduation.
The policy for quality in education consists of eight sub-policies. It has been formulated and developed in collaboration with relevant stakeholders at SDU – students, teachers, Heads of Studies and administrative staff.
SDU’s Policy for Quality in Education consists of the following eight sub-policies:
- Sub-policy for Recruitment and Admission
- Sub-policy for Study Commencement
- Sub-policy for Study Environment
- Sub-policy for University Teaching and Learning and Teaching Staff Development
- Sub-policy for the Research Basis and Knowledge Basis in Study Programmes
- Sub-policy for Planning and Development of Programmes and Teaching and Learning
- Sub-policy for Student Administration and Student Counselling
- Sub-policy for Transition to Employment and Career
All sub-policies have a uniform design and contain:
- The overall objective of the sub-policy
- One or more intended outcomes for the individual sub-policy
- One or more standards for each intended outcome describing an action that contributes to obtaining the intended outcome
- One or more indicators for each standard. A responsible person and a description of how to document follow-up on the indicator are associated with each standard.
Each sub-policy describes the framework conditions that apply to intended outcomes, standards and indicators in the relevant sub-policy.
The framework conditions are overall distributed in external framework conditions and internal, related documents:
- current legislation in the area for higher education
- common European standards and guidelines for SDU’s internal quality control
- SDU’s strategies and goals
- Executive Board decisions/policies, e.g., SDU’s language policy, competence profile for staff groups with student contact, memo on direction of studies, SDU’s teaching guarantee, etc.
- various principles for the quality effort
The sub-policies thus contribute to ensuring that the study programmes stay within these framework conditions in their quality assurance efforts.