The General Study Counseling at SDU
Do you want to book a time for a study counselling? Please send us an email with a brief description of your problem. Also write your phone number and send it to email@example.com
You can also call us on this phone number 6550 1801 between the hours 10-14
How does an study counseling work?
The conversations generally have a length of approximately 45 minutes. We always start with you telling us about your challenges, desires, concerns, dreams, resources and goals for the future. When we have an insight of your situation, we focus on making a concrete and realistic plan of action. Sometimes we just give you specific information, other times it is a matter of starting reflections, sparring and development.
We aim that you leave the counselling with something concrete: A to-do list or a clarification.
Often the supervisor will offer you follow-up on the conversation. Either by mail or face-to-face. We believe it is important to follow up on the plan or the to-do list - and we will also like to just get a notion on how you are.
What can we help you with?
- Handle the contingencies; eg. illness, a failed exam or a study group which is not functioning
- A talk about doubts; Is this the right study for me, my combinations, choices during your studies
- Maintain or strengthen your motivation to study
- Optimize your study skills and exam management
- Get a good study-life balance
- Get a good thesis process Also we have an overview of the many options for support and guidance, as otherwise available at SDU
Apart Guidance Centre choices are also ...
The student counselors and academic advisors in the faculties have a thorough knowledge of your professional education content and structure, including your curriculum. The supervisor also in the general rules and procedures that apply to you.
Guidance for prospective students
For you who have not studying at the university.
Library courses and events
The library also has a wide range of courses and events you can sign up for