An extraordinary condition can be:
- Documented illness of the student
- Documented illness in the immediate family
- Death in the immediate family
- Other factors that affect the individual student for which the student generally cannot be blamed
- Jury duty as a lay judge or juror could also be considered exceptional circumstances
Particular options for certain student groups
You can also apply for exemption to a number of rules if you belong to one of the following groups:
- Elite athlete
- Chairman for an organisation under the Danish Youth Council (DUF)
Please note that special rules apply in order to be accepted as belonging to one of the three groups.
It is important that you are aware that all decisions made by an Academic Study Board or other authority at SDU relate to an individual evaluation of the individual student’s exemption application. Therefore, it is not possible to set precise criteria for what it takes in order for a exemption application to be accommodated. If you have questions regarding your opportunities to receive exemption, then contact a student counsellor on your course, your Academic Study Board or book a time in the university’s guidance centre.