Do you want a unique insight into working life?
SDU Mentor is a special opportunity for graduate students at the University of Southern Denmark. You can also sign up for the programme if the mentoring process is scheduled to begin less than a year after your graduation.
A mentoring process typically runs from October to June and consists of at least three meetings between you and your mentor, where you can build a good dialogue and unique relationship.
What you can use a mentor for
The mentors in SDU Mentor are alumni (graduated students) with a minimum of two years of professional experience.
For example, a mentor can help you:
- Gain insight into a particular industry, business or work function
- Put your competences and qualifications into words
- Identify new, more and different opportunities
- Learn more about your job and career opportunities through coaching and advice
- Expand your network with relevant professionals in your field
What is expected of you
If you are assigned a mentor, this means you will have the role of the mentee in that relationship.
As a mentee you are expected to:
- Be ambitious and committed throughout the process, which typically lasts from October to June
- Be open to candid coaching and feedback from a mentor
- Be able to participate in the kick-off meeting on 26 October 2017
- Be able to meet with your mentor two to three times
Apply for a mentor
We must receive your application no later than 1 October if you are interested in being assigned a mentor.
You can fill out your application here: www.sdu.dk/mentortilmelding
In the application, you will be asked to answer a number of questions about your professional areas of interest and preferences. Your answers will determine whether you will be selected for the mentorship scheme and matched with a mentor.
Do you have any questions about the mentorship programme?
Contact business consultant Helene Fast Seefeldt by e-mail or phone on 6550 2029.