When you get employed at the University of Southern Denmark while living in Germany, there are some practical issues you need to settle before starting your employment, e.g. social security, taxation, etc.

To receive your salary you need to apply for a tax card and a personal tax number using this online form and send it to SKAT. You also have to open a Danish bank account (NEM-konto). If you want to apply for the special tax scheme for researchers you need to fill out this form in cooperation with your department.

If you apply for the special tax scheme for researchers you can send both of the forms directly to the salary office. Read more about the special tax scheme for researchers. Read more about taxation here.

Social security
When you live in Germany and work in Denmark you are usually covered by social security in Denmark. Please contact us for help with applying for a special Health Card. The special health card is your proof of the right to health care in Denmark. You will also receive a German health card marked “Status 7” that proves your right to health care in Germany as well. Read more about social security here.

Unemployment benefits
If you want to be covered by unemployment insurance you have to sign up in an “A-kasse” in Denmark, but you will receive unemployment benefits from Germany if you lose your job in Denmark. Read more about the rules here.

At and you can find supplementary information.

To give you the best possible experience, this site uses cookies  Read more about cookies

Accept cookies