We have put together a list of high-quality Internet language courses with free access. The courses do not require any books, and they can be taken before you go to Denmark.
The courses have various levels and methods of instruction, so you need to find the one that is most suitable for you. The University Library of Southern Denmark cannot make any specific recommendations.
- Fjern-uv from the national Adult Education Centres (VUC): Grammar, pronunciation, with exercises BGN
- Vores fællessprog from the Ministry of Children and Education - Grammar, with exercises BGN
- Net-dansk from Aarhus School of Business - Grammar and pronunciation, with exercises BGN, UVN
- Dansk her og nu from the Ministry of Children and Education - Grammar, pronunciation, texts BGN
- Kan du tale dansk? from the Ministry of Children and Education - Especially pronunciation, with exercises BGN
- Danish for you and me Kent Dahl Martinussen, MA in foreign language pedagogy - Grammar, with exercises UVN
- Basby udtale Anders Basby, language teacher - Pronunciation, with exercises BGN
At the library we have many books which may help you begin to learn Danish.
These books are found in Sønderborg, but can be borrowed at any of the University campuses. You can find a selection below.
Danish-language courses from the library
This is a small list of titles from our catalogue, which you can order from us:
- Elsworth, Bente: Complete Danish. Grundbog + CD. London: Teach Yourself, 2010.
- Hastenplug, Marlene:Langenscheid praktisches Lehrbuch: Dänisch. Grundbog, øvebog + CD. Berlin: Langenscheidt, 2010.
- Jeppesen, Bodil og Grethe Maribo: Multimediedansk: Danish for ducklings. Grundbog + CD. København: Alinea, 2003-2007.
- Karman, Helle: Tio lektioner i danska: texter och övningar. Grundbog + CD. København: Gad, 2000.
- Pude, Angela: Einstieg Dänisch für Kurzentschlossene. Grundbog + CD. Ismaning: Hueber, 2008.
(Click the titles to see and order the books from our catalogue.)