- Exchange students do not pay tuition
- Students doing a full degree with an EU/EEA or Swiss citizenship
- Students doing a full degree with a non-EU/EEA citizenship who hold a permanent residence permission do not pay tuition. •
- Students doing a full degree with a non-EU/EEA citizenship who hold a temporary residence permission "with a view to/possibility of" being granted permanent residence in Denmark do not pay tuition. Your residence permit must state: "mhp. varigt ophold" or "mmf varigt ophold".
- Children of workers from non-EU/EEA countries having been granted a residence permit pursuant to Section 9M of the Danish Aliens Act and whose parents have been granted residence permits pursuant to Section 9A of the Danish Aliens Act.
If you wish to apply for an exemption of tuition fees, you must document your residential status by submitting a copy of your residence permission or passport with your application.
What does tuition cover?
The tuition covers educational expenses, such as courses, academic supervising and issuing of diplomas and exams. The tuition differs according to the study programme or individual course you are enrolled for. Please see the menu to the left about different tuition fees for specific programmes.
Please see the explanation for a Degree Student
Non-EU/EEA citizens are required to pay tuition.
The tuition fee differs slightly depending on which program you wish to enrol in. For information on the tuition fee of the specific programme, please find the programme under the relevant faculty in the menu to the left.
As a full degree student you must pay the first year’s tuition before you come.
Please see the explanation for a Guest Student
All guest students pay tuition. Your nationality determines how much you pay.
Tuition also varies according to choice of courses. For information about the tuition of the specific courses please select Tuition for Guest Students in the menu to the left.
A tuition fee-paying full degree student going on an exchange stay arranged by SDU, will still pay the tuition fee to University of Southern Denmark
A tuition fee-paying full degree student going on a self-arranged exchange stay and afterwards getting the obtained credits transferred, will not pay tuition fee for the ECTS-credits obtained abroad. The student will pay the tuition fee in advance to University of Southern Denmark, and will then get the tuition fee for the obtained ECTS points refunded.
Terms of payment
Please read our terms of payment