- Exchange students do not pay tuition
- Students doing a full degree with an EU/EEA or Swiss citizenship
- Students doing a full degree with a non-EU/EEA citizenship who hold a permanent residence permission do not pay tuition.
- Students doing a full degree with a non-EU/EEA citizenship who hold a temporary residence permission "with a view to/possibility of" being granted permanent residence in Denmark do not pay tuition. Your residence permit must state: "mhp. varigt ophold" or "mmf varigt ophold".
- Children of workers from non-EU/EEA countries having been granted a residence permit pursuant to Section 9M of the Danish Aliens Act and whose parents have been granted residence permits pursuant to Section 9A of the Danish Aliens Act.
- Students who have a permanent residence permit in one of the Nordic nations (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland or Iceland)*
- Students with a residence permit granted on the basis of family reunification (if the permanent residence is in Denmark)
If you wish to apply for an exemption of tuition fees, you must document your residential status by submitting a copy of your residence permission or passport with your application.
*NB: the country, which issued your permanent residence permit, may revoke your permit if you leave the country to live somewhere else. It is your responsibility to research the consequences of your relocation to Denmark. If your permanent residence permit is revoked you will have to pay tuition fees like all other non-EU/EEA citizens.
What does tuition cover?
The tuition covers educational expenses, such as courses, academic supervising and issuing of diplomas and exams. The tuition differs according to the study program or individual course you are enrolled for. Please see the menu to the left about different tuition fees for specific program.
Paying the fees
After you have been admitted you will receive the payment information by email. It will be sent to the email stated in your application.
It is possible to pay by credit card or bank transfer. If you pay with a credit card we will be notified of your payment immediately. If you pay via bank transfer it takes up to 21 days before your payment is shown in our account. Please note that if you apply for a Master program this can have an effect on when we can start your visa application.
Please see the explanation for a Degree Student
Non-EU/EEA citizens are required to pay tuition. The tuition fee differs slightly depending on which program you wish to enrol in. For information on the tuition fee of the specific program, find the program under the relevant faculty in the menu to the left.
As a full degree student you must pay the first year’s tuition before arrival.
Master students: SDU will not start your visa application until we have received your tuition fee payment. Therefore, it can be a good idea to pay with credit card since that kind of payment, is registered immediately.
Please see the explanation for a Guest Student
All guest students pay tuition. Your nationality determines how much you pay. Tuition also varies according to your choice of courses. For information about the tuition of the specific courses please select Tuition for Guest Students in the menu to the left.
A tuition fee-paying full degree student going on an exchange stay arranged by SDU, will still pay the tuition fee to the University of Southern Denmark. A tuition fee-paying full degree student going on a self-arranged exchange stay and afterwards getting the obtained credits transferred, will not pay tuition fee for the ECTS-credits obtained abroad. The student will pay the tuition fee in advance to University of Southern Denmark, and will then get the tuition fee for the obtained ECTS points refunded.
Terms of payment
Please read our terms of payment