Entry requirements, Master of Economics and Business Administration, study start from 1 September, 2013
Entry Requirements from September 2013
Applicants with a BSc in Economics and Business Administration from the University of Southern Denmark are guaranteed admission to this master programme within the first year of having completed the BSc.
Other applicants from Danish universities (including CBS) who have passed a BSc in Economics and Business Administration are qualified for admission to the master programme.
Other educational backgrounds
If the university assesses that an applicant possesses comparable academic qualifications to those acquired with a BSc in Economics and Business Administration enabling the applicant to complete the program, the applicant may be admitted. The university may require that the applicant passes supplementary courses and/or tests prior to enrollment.
In order for a degree to be deemed as providing qualifications similar to those of the BSc programme in Economics and Business Administration, it must be a bachelor degree from a university. The programme must include 75 ECTS courses covering the disciplines within economics and business administration.
This means that the following subjects must be included with the stipulated number of ECTS
- 5 ECTS Microeconomics or Managerial Economics
- 5 ECTS Accounting
- 5 ECTS Corporate Finance
- 5 ECTS Marketing
- 5 ECTS Organizational Theory
- 5 ECTS Statistics
- 5 ECTS Additional methods for analysis of data (statistics or other quantitative and/or qualitative. Collection of data may be a small part of this)
- 5 ECTS Theory of Science and/or Scientific Methodology and Methods from a university. The requirement does not apply if the bachelor degree was completed at a research-based university
- Additional 35 or 40 ECTS subjects within the area of business economics and business administration so that the total reaches at least 75 ECTS
Applicants with another basis for admission, for example a professional bachelor’s degree from Denmark or another country, may be admitted after an individual assessment, i.e. the applicant’s bachelor degree must cover the areas stipulated above and be of the same academic depth.
In case the above requirements are not fulfilled the applicant must pass additional courses prior to enrollment in order for the applicant to obtain qualifications similar to those of the admission requirements.
Please see this page for the specific language requirements