Be one of the new breed of designers!
This study programme brings usability and innovation to contemporary IT product design.
As IT is increasingly spread throughout various products for work and play, design is not only about technology and aesthetics. It has become even more crucial that products, their interfaces and user guides are in line with how the users experience their world. Industry needs multidisciplinary teams who can understand the users, think creatively and involve users in the design process. Designers need to be equipped with a range of skills to handle this new complexity in the design process.
This one-semester exchange programme will introduce you to user centred design and upon completion of the programme, you will have the ability to:
- Understand the fundamental concepts of interaction, design process, and user participation
- Take a critical stance towards IT technology in use and bring forward well-founded arguments
- Apply a broad range of skills in multidisciplinary design work
- Understand the fundamental concepts of design research
- Understand the role of reflection in the development of work practice and choose appropriate reflection formats for a team
Read more about courses offered
Our education model is based on project based learning and during your studies you will gain considerable practical experience. Besides, classes are small often with no more than twenty students, so you have time to discuss issues in-depth with your teacher.
Read more about study environment and learning