As an interaction engineer you learn to develop products to match user needs.
Interaction Design is a new engineering discipline that meets industry’s needs for methods that put the user at the heart of the product development process. It is a discipline that focuses on the developers, the manufacturers and the users of the products of the future – and seeks to adapt the technology to their needs.
You will learn to contribute to the design and development of user oriented, interactive products, services and systems, for use in, for example, homes, hospitals or industries.
Graduates will be able to:
• Understand the relationship between people, technology, ethics and society as a whole
• Use your personal resources of creativity, innovation skills, aesthetic sensibility and interest in the welfare of others to influence the design of products that can benefit and enrich other people’s lives
• Understand and apply theory, practice and design methods to develop innovative, interactive and user oriented products, services and systems.
Through project work you will get a thorough understanding of the dynamics of design processes.
Project work and company problem solver
You become part of a project based and problem based study environment where you work in project groups.
You and your fellow students:
• Are responsible for planning and carrying out the project
• Must work together and meet the deadlines
• Solve problems for companies
• Have access to project room.
Meet the students and read more about their projects and student life.
Internship and final project
In the sixth semester you must complete the engineering internship in a company in Denmark or abroad. Through the internship you acquire relevant work experience of great benefit to you in your following career. In the final semester you carry out the final project – usually in cooperation with a company.
Jobs that make sense
With this degree you will have a range of job opportunities – in Denmark and abroad. You could be employed at a design company, in consultancies or in development departments in industrial enterprises, among others.
Graduates who have completed this bachelor programme are entitled to use the title of Bachelor Engineering in Interaction Design.
Read about the Danish education system.