This programme is offered in Danish only
With a degree in Integrated Design you acquire a number of engineering and personal competencies necessary to meet the expectations of the labour market.
The main focus of all engineering programmes at University of Southern Denmark is professional ability and the programmes are all rooted in research and development environments of a high international standard.
- Ability to think and work in a problem-oriented, project-oriented and interdisciplinary way
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Ability to solve tasks in an international context
- Knowledge of and experience in the needs of the business world
- A well-founded understanding of commerce and business.
Special focus will be on enabling you to take part in complex product development processes in an innovative way, with emphasis on especially idea and concept development.
With a bachelor of engineering degree in Integrated Design you will have the following competencies:
• Detailed knowledge of integrated product development and design
• Ability to take all relevant aspects into consideration (e.g. technical, design related, economic, market related, legal and societal aspects) as the basis for developing new products from the idea stage to finished product
• Practical experience from several projects dealing with planning, development, and assessment of physical products (parts, components, and assembled products). This includes documentation in connection with manufacturing, sales, installation, start using, daily use and arrangements for recycling or scrapping
• Basic knowledge of (product) design and architecture from a historical and social perspective
• Understanding of the characteristics of good design especially concerning functionality and user friendliness and mode of expression
• Experience with and knowledge of the design of physical products and ability to apply your knowledge of engineering disciplines such as statics, dynamics, mechatronics, materials and strengths of materials in relation to analyses and syntheses
• Ability to plan, lead and carry out development projects in accordance within a specified time frame and economic framework. This is achieved through theoretical lessons, case studies and the requirement that in each project students must account for planning, calculations, project economy, and a follow-up process evaluation
• Ability to use sketching by hand and drawing as means of communication and as a creative development tool
• Ability to use computer based tools for design and documentation
• Ability to use sketches as an everyday tool and to draw up technical documentation in accordance with current standards and regulations
• Comprehensive knowledge of materials and processes in general and especially plastics, composites, and metals
• Thorough knowledge of jointing methods and surface treatment and focus on process related design.
A bachelor of engineering degree in Integrated Design qualifies you to continue your studies for a master of science in engineering degree.