With a degree in Product Development and Innovation, what makes you especially attractive to a future employer? Below you can get an overview of the competencies you will acquire: general engineering competencies as well as PDI specific competencies.
The main focus of all engineering programmes at University of Southern Denmark is professional ability and the programmes are all rooted in research and development environments of a high international standard.
• Solve specific problems independently or as part of a team
• Manage a project from start to finish
• Work independently as well as in teams
• Define, formulate and analyse a problem.
• Used to company collaboration and have a well-founded understanding of commerce and business.
With a master degree in PDI you will have the following competencies:
• Expert knowledge of the product development process; from market analysis, product design and manufacturing to market introduction and sales
• Ability to launch own ideas and the ideas of others, which enables you to manage your own company as well as to work with innovation and development in large companies
• Ability to analyse when and how to outsource activities to the greatest benefit of the company
• Familiarity with user needs based on specific target groups and ability to conduct market analysis such as focus group interviews and consumer analysis, among others
• Ability to apply new theories on innovation and change, including emerging paradigms such as user-driven innovation, open innovation and market forecasting in practice.
A bachelor degree in PDI qualifies you for further studies at master level
Read more about curriculum and course descriptions