Here you can learn more about the Structural Concrete Research Group at the Institute of Techolonogy and Innovation
Structural design deals with methods to determine the shapes and layout of a load bearing structures. Structural analysis deals with calculations and analysis of the mechanical performance of load bearing structures. Our special research focus are models to analyse the load bearing capacity of structures, i.e. calculation of the load at which the structure will collapse. Structural optimization combines the design and the analysis discipline. The aim here is to determine an optimal structural layout, e.g. a structure with minimum material consumption.
To conduct research and teaching within the field of structural design and analysis of civil engineering structures, particularly reinforced concrete structures.
Limit state analysis of reinforced concrete structures, structural optimization.
Ongoing Ph.D. Projects:
Ongoing R&D Projects
- Precast concrete wind turbine towers (EUDP Funded projects)
Ongoing M.Sc. Projects
- U-bar connections loaded in combined tension and bending
- Wind turbine tower made of prestressed ultra high strength concrete
- Robustness of wire box joints in prefabricated concrete panel buildings
- Numerical procedure for upper bound analysis of existing RC structures
- Design optimization of civil structures in the Container Port Industry
Professor Linh Cao Hoang
Research Assistent Jens Johansson
Ph.D. candidate Henrik Brøner Jørgensen
Ph.D. candidate Hector Andres Tinoco Navarro
Completed Ph.D. Projects:
For more information please contact Professor Linh Cao Hoang