All students must fill in an application form to enrol in an elective subject. This does not apply to students reading business administration and languages, medicine, business economics or other programmes that do not include elective subjects.
Deadline for applications
- 15 March: Journalism
- 15 April: Sports Science for students from other faculties
- 15 May: Nordic Outdoor Life
- 15 March: The Faculty of Natural Sciences. (If you have not applied within the deadline, contact Student Counselling at the faculty).
- 1 April: The Faculty of Health Sciences, the Faculty of the Humanities and the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences.
Applications received after the deadline will be processed on an ongoing basis if there are still vacancies in the programme in question.
On-line application form
To apply for admission you need to apply to be enrolled in an elective subject. You must use the on-line form for the faculty in question that you will find on the page dealing with applications, on-line forms for students who are already enrolled at the University of Southern Denmark.
There are special on-line forms for some elective subjects that you must use irrespective of which central subject you are reading. They are listed below:
- Elective subject in Sports Science and Health (natural science students at the University of Southern Denmark must use the form referred to above under Applications, on-line form)
- Elective subject in Nordic Outdoor Life
- Elective subject in Journalism
- Elective subject in Social Studies
You will find the special on-line application forms on this page
If you have not already enrolled at the University of Southern Denmark, read about applying for an elective subject for students from other institutions.
To be accepted for your elective subject, you must have fulfilled its specific admission requirements – by the commencement of the programme at the latest. The requirements are described under each programme in the list of programmes. You can apply for exemption if you do not fulfil the admission requirements.
In connection with elective subjects with restricted admission, such as Journalism and Sports Science and Health, the selection criteria are indicated under each programme in the list of programmes.
Admitted or not?
You will receive a letter telling you whether or not you have been admitted – either from the Academic Study Board for the elective subject in question or from Student Service – admissions and guidance.