The PhD School offers PhD programmes in Business Economics, Journalism, Law, Social Science, Political Science and Economics. On these pages, you can read more about PhD programme offered by the PhD School of the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences.
What can we offer?
- A research training programme at a high international level
- Broad contact interface with national and international research environments
- Study visits to recognised foreign universities
- Participation in courses at other national and international universities
- The opportunity to acquire a unique knowledge within an area of expertise
- A good research environment with close links to experienced researchers
- Flexible working conditions
As a PhD student at the PhD School under the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences you will work - in close interaction with your academic supervisor - to complete an independent scientific project, the outcome of which is a PhD thesis. You will be able to arrange a great part of your PhD programme yourself and during the programme, you will also be able to take study trips to recognised foreign universities, such as Stanford University and Oxford University, to establish contacts with active research environments outside the University of Southern Denmark, and to participate in courses at both international and national research institutions. In addition, you will gain experience with teaching and supervising students.
The PhD programme consists of:
- An independent scientific project completed under supervision
- PhD courses totalling approx. 30 ECTS points (corresponding to ½ year)
- Teaching or other type of knowledge dissemination
- Study visits, mainly abroad
- PhD thesis
- The opportunity to defend your thesis in public
If you need further information, you are most welcome to contact the PhD School Secretariat